UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST FELLOWSHIP
of Rocky Mount North Carolina
held on every other Sunday at 10:00 A.M. Dress is casual and discussions and
Religious education is
provided. Please join us for any services listed below and the coffee hour
On the Sundays on which services
are not held we meet for a "Sunday Salon" which is an informal meeting to
of current interest.
Our Book Club meets on Friday
evenings on an approximately monthly schedule.
Service, Salon, and Book Club
516 North Church Street, Rocky
Mount, 27804. To receive notices of meetings email: email@example.com or call us at
- Friday, October 2, 7:00 PM. Movie night: Bull Durham
- Sunday, October 4, 10:00 AM. Lee Robinson: Turning Points. Refreshments: TBA. Charity: Tar River Mission Clinic.
- October 9-11: Retreat.
- Sunday, October 11, 10:00 AM: No Sunday Salon.
- Friday, October 16, 7:00 PM. The Nearly Read book group will meet over snacks and drinks to discuss Michelle Huneven's Jamesland.
- Sunday, October 18, 10:00 AM. Rev. Joan Gelbein Can humanity survive? (Yes, no, or maybe). Refreshments: TBA. Charity: Tar River Mission Clinic.
- Saturday, October 24, 6:00 PM. Potluck
- Sunday, October 25, 10:00 AM. Sunday Salon: Emancipation of women: Kim
- Sunday, November 1, 10:00 AM. Richard Allsbrook: Policing in the 21st Century. Refreshments: TBA. Charity: United Community Ministries.
- Friday, November 6, 7:00 PM. Movie night: TBA
- Sunday, November 8, 10:00 AM. Sunday Salon: Formal Equality vs. Substantive Equality
- Saturday, November 14, 7:00 PM Saturday Sing
- Sunday, November 15, 10:00 AM. Rev. Nastasha Ostrum: TBA. Refreshments: TBA. Charity: United Community Ministries.
- Friday, November 20, 7:00 PM. The Nearly Read book group will meet over snacks and drinks to discuss: TBA
- Sunday, November 22, 10:00 AM. Sunday Salon: TBA
- Sunday, November 29, 10:00 AM. Displacement Welcomed – A short film on homelessness by Evan Kidd. Refreshments: TBA. Charity: United Community Ministries
- Friday, December 4, 7:00 PM. Movie night
- Sunday, December 6, 10:00 AM. Sunday Salon:
- Saturday, December 12, 7:00 PM. Saturday Sing
- Sunday, December 13, 10:00 AM. Rev. Lois Cavanaugh Daley. TBA Charity: My Sister's House.
- Friday, December 18, 7:00 PM. The Nearly Read book group will meet over snacks and drinks to discuss: TBA
- Sunday, December 20, 10:00 AM. Sunday Salon:
- Sunday, December 27, 10:00 AM. Christmas Program: Bring readings, songs, and your favorite memories. Charity: My Sister's House.
- Sunday, December 31, New Year's Eve Party
About Our Fellowship
The Unitarian Universalist
Fellowship of Rocky Mount NC formed in March of 1998. We began our Religious
Education programs in 2001, initiated an annual retreat in 2004, and formally
organized in 2006. In 2007, we purchased our own building. In March 2008 we held
our first services in the new building and formally affiliated with the
Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations.
Our social justice activities
have included annual sponsorship of a family at the local women's shelter at
Christmas, collecting supplies for the homeless shelter, and contributing to the
Heifer Project. Of course individual members volunteer in other activities in
the Rocky Mount area.
Links to informative
Unitariuan Universalist Association (UUA) web sites:
The Seven Principles that Unitarian
Universalist congregations affirm and promote
The UUA home page
The UUA Bookstore
The UU Church of the Larger Fellowship
Other UU Organizations